Never have we needed cake more than ever this year! And we especially need to support our local bakeries and cake shops.
Here are 6 thought-provoking reasons why we at Cake Owls think that buying from a professional makes all the difference…and it won’t cost as much as you think!
- Take a peep into the kitchen: Or better still drop by our flagship store in Feltham and see our bakers at work through our 5-star rated open kitchen. We all may have friends who are budding bakers offering to bake that special cake to save us money, but it’s advisable to know how clean their kitchen is and what is the quality of their ingredients used by them.
- Opt for a registered business: When you opt to buy from a registered premise, you are opting for safety! Not only is Cake Owls a registered business but also has a 5-star food hygiene rating. We can clearly provide information on all ingredients and allergens built into our track and trace system to give you the confidence that we have your back at all times. On another note, did you know that if one doesn’t register their cake business, they have bypassed the necessary legal requirements? Such as: registering with one’s local authority, certification from the Environmental Health Officer (EHO), implementing due diligences and regulations around food allergens and food labelling. All of this put together ensures whether a kitchen is safe to work in or not. All food for thought isn’t it?
- Cake Owls does not have hobby bakers! Yes, we have fun doing what we do but it’s never going to be at your expense. If we have your order, you have our word that you will not be left cake-less, come what may. Since we do not bake on ad-hoc basis, there is no crisis that can take us away from our commitment. In fact, you just may have averted a crisis when you chose a professional cakery.
- Good cake isn’t cheap, but cheap cake isn’t good! Always expect and be willing to pay just that little bit extra. A hobby baker, or the lady down the street may charge less than a professional baker but remember this: they aren’t paying business rates or contributing to National Insurance nor are they paying for a registered premise. This may save you some bucks but that won’t make the cake any better and if it’s a hobby, there’s no reputation resting on the result! Is it worth it? We think not.
- At Cake Owls, we are committed to #BakingYouHappy! From our baker, decorator, store representative to our delivery driver…each member lives their part of this promise which surely reflects in the final product and the service. Having a team also increases accountability which means that there are more than 10 pairs of eyes watching each action. So, even on a rainy day, which is most of the times in UK, we always follow an exhaustive check list ensuring quality and safety is maintained at all times.
- Buying from a reputable bakery will leave you with a clear conscience. There are plenty of ‘cowboys’ out there who think that baking a cake is easy and don’t pay their staff accordingly, resulting in poor quality, and disgruntled staff. As our co-founders put it, “Happy people will make happy cakes” and isn’t that something you set out to do when you decided to buy a cake? Make someone happy!
Cake Owls is fast making its name in SW London, with three shops and growing online business. We are a small team of enthusiastic and talented bakers and our mantra is: Baking you Happy.
Please pop into one of our shops, call us or drop us an email and we will happily assist you. Whether you’re after a cupcake pick me up or a celebration cake, no job is too small (or too big!), and we’d be happy to help.